PEER SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES DEALING WITH A LOVED ONE WHO HAS MENTAL ILLNESS
ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS
KEYS TO COPING
Note, at this web site we don't offer a diagnosis or medical advice, we leave that to the professionals
What we do offer is expert guidance from real people intimately involved with Mental Illness
The term Psychosis refers to an abnormal condition of the mind. It is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". Psychosis describes a mental state during which hallucinations, delusions and impaired insight may occur. The term psychosis is very broad and can be apparent in several mental illnesses including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder or in cases of physical brain damage or drug use.
Categories we will cover in Psychosis Support include;
* Real life experience keys to coping - Stories, Lessons, Strategies.
* Frequently Asked Questions from Parents -Why me?, Will things improve?, How do I handle - ?
* Links and Resource Material - Health Care System, Psychosis sites.
* How to Educate others about Mental Illness - Dealing with Stigma in Mental Illness
White Rock and South Surrey Community Advisory Committee
WRSS CAC will include:
* A description of the committee and its role,
* Action items accomplished, in progress, and planned
* Relevant documents
All content © MJS 2012/13
|Please email comments, questions or input
Individual responses to emails at this address may not always be
possible but your input and questions may be included on the web
site to help others.